Do you know J-Lo’s bling from Meghan Markle’s sparkle? Buckley London are here to test your celebrity engagement ring knowledge with our quiz
The UK’s Favourite Celebrity Engagement Rings
Are you dreaming of the perfect engagement ring? Perhaps you’re turning to your favourite celebrities for a little bit of inspiration – or hoping your partner will do!
Whether you’re a lover of a classic statement diamond, or prefer something with a little different like a stunning coloured gemstone, A-listers have some of the most jaw-dropping (and expensive) engagement rings on the planet
Think you know J-Lo’s bling from Meghan Markle’s sparkle? We’ve created the perfect puzzle to test your celebrity knowledge, so why not see if you can match the famous person to their engagement ring below.
- CLUE: This ring is fit for a suited and booted type of princess.
2. CLUE: This talented singer and actress may have had her wedding plans changed due to Covid, but we’re sure her guests will get ‘On The Floor’ when the wedding goes ahead.
3. CLUE: We’ve been keeping up with her for years, and there’s no surprise her engagement ring is almost as flashy and glamorous as she is.
4. CLUE: We ‘can’t stop the feeling’ that this celebrity’s husband chose the perfect engagement ring! Elegant and timeless, just like her.
5. CLUE: The only heirloom passed down from mother to son, some may say it’s fit for a future Queen.
6. CLUE: There’s no engagement ring quite like it – the only one suitable for the Queen of music herself!
7. CLUE: Despite being 10th in line for the throne, behind her elder sister, her engagement ring is elegant, timeless, and fit for a princess.
8. CLUE: With not a blunt edge in sight, this award-winning actress’ engagement ring would surely win some Golden Globes itself!
9. CLUE: In need of something a little more elegant after spending many years raiding tombs, this engagement ring is fit for the Hollywood wall of fame!
10. CLUE: Truly unique in every way, and only befitting for the world’s highest-paid actress since 2018, the black widow style band makes this engagement ring stand out from the crowd.
Did you guess correctly? Find out below…
Engagement Ring #1: Meghan Markle
The stunning engagement ring that Prince Harry proposed with was crafted using diamonds which belonged to his mother Diana. At the centre of the ring is a large, cushion-cut diamond of around 3.5cts from Botswana. It’s estimated to be worth around £250,000 depending on the quality.
Engagement Ring #2: Jennifer Lopez
This whopping 16ct emerald diamond really is a showstopper. Lopez got engaged to Alex Rodriguez in 2019 and is set to be wed in the summer of 2020. Her ring is estimated to be worth a staggering £1.5 million.
Engagement Ring #3: Kim Kardashian
At 15cts, the flawless cushion-cut diamond from jeweller Lorraine Schwartz is a thing of pure brilliance. Befitting for the queen of reality TV, her ring is estimated to be worth £1.7 million.
Engagement Ring #4: Jessica Biel
Codesigned by her now husband, Justin Timberlake, this 6ct diamond flanked by aquamarine stones set in blackened platinum, is estimated to be worth £110,000.
Engagement Ring #5: Kate Middleton / Princess Diana
Featuring 14 solitaire diamonds surrounding a Sri Lankan 12-carat oval faceted blue Ceylon sapphire, Kate Middleton’s engagement ring is truly fit for a future Queen. Originally worth £28,000 back in 1981, today the ring is estimated to have an insurance value of approximately £300,000.
Engagement Ring #6: Beyoncé
The queen of music herself deserves a one-of-a-kind engagement ring. Weighing in at 24cts, she has just that. Reported to have an 18-carat centre diamond set on a split shank, it’s said to be worth around £4.62 million!
Engagement Ring #7: Princess Eugenie
Consisting of a unique gemstone of padparadscha sapphire, which is said to be incredibly rare thanks to its glowing blend of pink and yellow; the main gemstone is surrounded by 10 round diamonds and two pear-shaped diamonds. The princess’ engagement ring is estimated to be worth £100,000.
Engagement Ring #8: Emily Blunt
A 3-carat round-cut diamond set in platinum and flanked by baguettes, Blunt’s stunning and unique engagement ring is said to be worth £85,000.
Engagement Ring #9: Angelina Jolie
This 16-carat ring that took Brad Pitt, along with jeweller Robert Procop, a year to design. The elongated shape is said to have been designed to suit Angelina’s hand. This one-of-a-kind ring is estimated to be worth £460,000.
Engagement Ring #10: Scarlett Johansson
Estimated to be around 11cts, this beautiful oval-shaped pear champagne diamond is set on a striking dark band. Johansson’s engagement ring is estimated to be worth £340,000.
So, whose engagement ring do Brits prefer?
Whether you love big statement rings or prefer something a little more demure, it seems that us Brits love a showstopper accessory.
We surveyed the nation to find out more about their taste when it came to celebrity bling, and found that top ring as favoured by a fifth of Brits (20%) was Meghan Markle’s engagement ring, followed closely by Jennifer Lopez (16%) and Kim Kardashian (14%).
Towards the bottom of the list, just 3% of those surveyed said they would choose Angelina Jolie’s elongated engagement ring and just 2% would opt for Scarlett Johansson’s. Could this be because of the unique colouring of the band and diamond?
Unfortunately, for those hoping their partner will surprise them with a ring much like Beyoncé’s whopper, you may be in for a shock. Based on the average 2019 salary in the UK of £30,420, it would take a colossal 879 years to save up for a ring like hers. Maybe we should start saving now?
We’re firm believers that a beautiful engagement ring doesn’t have to cost the earth, so whether you’re influenced (78%) or not (22%) to buy a ring based on what a celebrity has, at Buckley London we have some truly stunning pieces that will last a lifetime and won’t break the bank.